Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Thing #18


It is important for teachers to be able to use social media because it keeps them connected to people all over the world. Teachers can communicate with each other all over the world. Teachers can ask other teachers about what they are doing in their classroom. On the other hand I love all the things Facebook and Twitter have to offer. On Facebook I like that you can create events or groups that you could potentially add parents or colleagues in it. I like that Twitter has it to where you can follow new feeds or people that would help with material in your classroom. I love having a social media sites for my own personal use. I honestly wouldn't want to use either Facebook or Twitter with any students or parents of my students. I feel that if you allow students or their parents to be your friend or follow you on Twitter that it is an invasion of privacy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment