Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Thing #15

 
I know when I was going through high school and currently through college my teachers or professors warned me not to use Wikipedia. They always said "Wikipedia is not a valid source."  At this point in time I somewhat agree with them. One thing I like about Wikipedia is that it is a fast source that gives somewhat accurate information about anything. Wikipedia has almost everything you could possibly need to know quickly. Another feature is that when searching a person it breaks down there life into sections. Currently I looked up Jovan Vladimir for my history class and it broke down everything into life, cult, notes, and references. It was very helpful for a start on my research. One the other hand there is one bad thing that stands out to me about using Wikipedia is that anyone can edit the information. The fact that anyone has the ability to change the information makes this an not creditable source when it comes to research. Besides what I enjoy or do not enjoy about Wikipedia the entire concept of this website it very helpful for quick information.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment