Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Thing #7

While I was exploring one of my favorite photo sharing sistes besides Pinterest out I started to look for images that would help with my future teachings. I typed the words the great depression into the search bar and a woman with her two children caught my eye. The picture is of a migrant mother holding her two children. This picture really spoke to me because that time in period was extremely rough on our country and the people. This woman looks tired and worried for the well being of her children. Besides being able to search images you can also search stories that go along with the images. I think Flickr is an amazing site and is a great tool for a teacher and student to use.


Image taken by:  Dorothea Lange in 1936 and later published in Life Magazine.

1 comment:

  1. I love this picture! It has so much depth and emotion in it. I plan on becoming a history teacher, so I too think that this is a picture I could use in my teaching!

    ReplyDelete