Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thing #3

I believe a teacher would use a blog to communicate to students more in depth instructions and helpful hints. When I start teaching in my own classroom blogging will be very important for students to fully grasp United States history. I would use a blog to post pictures to go along with what we have been talking about in class and in the book. When the students begin to work on research papers I could upload a link so that they can go to websites for extra help or to get research. I would post a template on writing in Chicago style, so that they will have something to base their paper off of. I would also encourage students to create their own blog so that they can not only discuss school assignments but, about things happening within their lives.

2 comments:

  1. Amanda, these are some really great ideas to use blogs in the classroom. Another way you can use blogging when you become a teacher is using the blog to make sure the parents know what is happening in class or put recordings of the lesson on the blog for students that have missed class that day. You can also use blogging as away to inform other teachers of ideas you have done to teach your class or what has work and what has not worked in your classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas for using a blog in a classroom! It seems like the older the students get, the less student-parent-teacher communication there is, and I think there needs to be more. Having a classroom blog is an excellent communication tool.

    ReplyDelete